Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Catchup post

It's been a while since I updated, reason being it is exams/assignments marking period, and I had two GPU industry projects due (3D groundwater flow fluid simulation and a pathfinding/travelling salesman with profits project). 

The biggest news item was that the ACM decided to start (over)enforcing its rules saying that you can not link to preprint and author pages. Thankfully, it started a call-to-arms and prominent pages like Ke-Sen Huang's SIGGRAPH links have been restored. I wonder how many less public pages have silently slipped away. Frankly, I can't wait until the concept of conferences and journals disappear. My websites have always had far more impact that my publications, and it can't be long until the same can be said universally.

A short update with some interesting things in the last while:


   

1 comment:

Peter Krumins said...

Thanks for linking to my algorithms post!

I want to let you know that I started similar posts on linear algebra yesterday. Check it out:

MIT Linear Algebra, Lecture 1: The Geometry of Linear Equations