Thursday, November 24, 2005

Internet

I can NOT believe it. My sister wanted to use the PC to check her bank account details. I said 'sure', while I looked at her bank details, and she tapped away at the keyboard. In seriously less than 30 seconds, she had somehow managed to start installing a whole bunch of applications onto my PC. I have NO idea how she managed this.
There must be some kind of magic elf in every PC which detects a novice computer user and just starts installing wierd applications.

I dont think anyone I know who is a serious computer user would be able to replicate this behaviour that quickly. No wonder people have a hard time writing anti-spyware/anti-virus applications. It's almost impossible for educated computer users to get themselves into these kinds of dodgy situations.

I've never seen ANYTHING like it.

No comments: